Always read the fine print.
SportsEngine, LeagueAthletics, SportsSignup, Stack, and other companies make millions by selling your team's demographic data to a nationwide network of advertisers, with the hope that you'll never read their fine print. That’s not just rumor or hearsay—it's all explained right in their fine print. From tracking your browsing history, to tracking your location, to selling bundles of families' demographic data, to explicitly refusing to honor "do not track" requests, most sports registration services aren't selling you a product—they're selling you.
- Words: 140
- ✔ Does not track your web browsing
- ✔ Does not sell any information to anyone, ever
- ✔ Does not send marketing/promotional emails
AdminSports is committed to protecting your privacy. We only use the information we collect about you to process registrations.
We do not share, sell, trade, or rent your information with any outside parties.
We do not collect information about you from any outside parties.
We do not use customer emails for marketing or promotional purposes.
We do not collect, store, or share any data about your web usage, your web browsing device, or your location.
Only your sports organization may use your information to update you on new activities, events, discussions or other activities that may be important for you to be aware of.
Your payment information is transmitted using industry-standard Secure Socket Layers (SSL) and is not shared with any third-parties except your credit card processor. AdminSports is fully PCI Compliant.
- Words: 3,437
- ⚠ Tracks your web usage via cookies
- ⚠ Explicitly refuses to honor "Do not track" requests
- ⚠ Shares your team information with advertisers
- ⚠ Shares your team information with "research and measurement companies"
- ⚠ Shares your team information with Stack Affiliates and any other company they choose to do business with
- ⚠ Uses your personal email for "marketing communications"
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We, or our service providers on our behalf, collect personal information about our users so that we can provide our Services. This includes information provided to us directly, such as personal information you provide when you visit the Services, and information that is passively or automatically collected from you, such as anonymous information collected from your browser or device. This policy describes our data practices and the choices available to you about how your data is used. The categories of information we collect may include:
- Registration and profile information collected when you join the Service. We may collect personal information such as a username, first and last name, birthdate, phone number, email address, and other information when you register for a Stack Sports account, participate in a Stack Sports survey or ballot, promotion, drawing, sweepstakes or contest, or if you correspond with us. We collect payment and billing information if you sign up for fee-bearing services.
- Data collected through your use of the Service. After you set up your account, you may be able to provide additional information which may be shared through your public profile, such as (for example) your height, weight, gender, interests, friends, contacts, referrals, photograph and/or video and other biographical, biometric or personal information (“Profile Information”), and information about your athletic performance or information relating to your team, league, or organization. This information may be provided by a third party, such as a parent, player, youth coach, high school coach, college coach, tournament director, team manager, club, league or association or it may be provided by you directly. Associations, clubs, leagues, coaches and team managers may provide information about their teams and biographical and contact information about athletes and may also add notes and commentary relevant to the team or, with respect to certain of our services for high-school or college level athletes, recruiting. We also collect information about how you use the Service, how you input data and the data you input.
- Contact Information. Stack Sports may collect information from an address book or stored contact list that a user uploads or otherwise provides access to such information to Stack Sports. For certain of our services relating to tournaments, combines, leagues, competitions, camps or recruiting, if you are a tournament director, team manager, club coach, league or association representative, high school coach, or college coach, who uploads information about athletes on behalf of such athletes, we will send an email to each such athlete (or parent of such athlete) who is not already a member of the Service, inviting the athlete to join the Service. Certain of our services permit college coaches to turn off these emails on the Settings page.
- Information we collect from third parties. We may collect information about you from publicly available sources or other third parties, including your tournament schedule, player statistics, etc. We may also receive information about you and your friends when you interact with our sites through various social media, for example, by liking us on Facebook, following us on Twitter, or connecting on Instagram, Vimeo, or other social networks. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to a Stack Sports service.
- Information we collect automatically: device information, which may include your IP address, browser types, browser language, operating system, platform type, device types, and device IDs such as unique identifiers or advertising identifiers; usage information, which may include files you download, domain names, landing pages, your browsing activity, what you click, scrolling and keystroke activity, pages viewed, advertising viewed or visited, forms or fields you complete or partially complete, search terms, whether you open an email and your interaction with the content, access times, and error logs, and other similar information; location information, which may include the city, state and ZIP code associated with your IP address, information derived through Wi-Fi triangulation, and precise location information from GPS-based functionality on your mobile devices or from your use of our mobile apps, and with your consent, your precise GPS information; viewing behavior, which may include the content you view, how long you watch each video, the quality of the service you receive (e.g. buffering, load times) as well as advertisements you have been shown or interacted with; and offline information, which may include certain information that may also be stored while you are offline and transmitted to us when you next connect to the Internet, regardless of where you connect from or the device you use to connect.
- Monitoring user activity. We may at our discretion, but are not obligated to, monitor the communications that take place on our Service, such as messaging, in order to protect our users and monitor the effectiveness of our Service. You acknowledge that you have no expectation of privacy with respect to any such communications or postings, and you expressly consent to such monitoring.
We automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our website or use our Service. For instance, when you visit our website, we may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters used by many websites — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, how frequently you access the Service, and other actions you take on the Service), and allow us to track your usage of the Service over time. We may collect log file information about your browser or mobile device each time you access the Service. Log file information may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, information about your mobile device, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons), which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our Users. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service. We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service or to create profiles about you for advertising, marketing, and analytics purposes. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third-party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the Service. If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject any cookies. Please be advised however that some Service features may not work with cookies disabled and that for certain features you may not be able to disable cookies. You may also set your email options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our email and performed certain functions with it. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our Users, we are not able to respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser at this time.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store a unique identification numbers associated with your device or our mobile application (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers (“IDFA”), Google Ad ID, or Windows Advertising ID), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, and, depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device.
When you upload photographs to Stack Sports websites and platforms, those files may contain location information or other metadata. This metadata may be accessible to others if you share content on the Service.
We may use the data collected through cookies, log file, device identifiers, location data, clear gifs and other collection information to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including advertising; (c) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (d) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website and our Service; (e) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (f) otherwise to plan for and enhance our service.
Third Party Tracking and Online Advertising. We may permit third party ad networks, social media companies, and other third-party services to collect information about browsing behavior from visitors to our Service through cookies, social plug-ins, or other tracking technology. We may permit third party online advertising networks to collect information about your use of our websites over time so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests on our Service as well as on other websites or services. Typically, the information is collected through cookies or similar tracking technologies. The only way to completely “opt out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser or mobile device. Please refer to your browser’s or mobile device’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. (To learn more about cookies, clear gifs/web beacons and related technologies and how you may opt-out of some of this tracking, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org and/or the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org). Depending on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through settings.
By visiting the Service, whether as a registered user or otherwise, you acknowledge, and agree that you are giving us your consent to track your activities in connection with the Service and your use of the Service through the technologies described above, as well as similar technologies developed in the future, and that we may use such tracking technologies in the emails we send to you. Third parties may themselves set and access their own tracking technologies when you visit our Services and they may have access to information about you and your online activities over time and across different websites or applications when you use the Service. Third parties’ use of such tracking technologies is not in our control and is subject to such thirty parties’ privacy policies.
- HOW WE MAY USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features of the Services. We may use this information to communicate with you, such as to send you email messages, and push notifications and to permit other users of the Service to contact you. You may control your receipt of email by visiting the “Settings” page on our website, contacting us at [email protected] to opt-out of receiving such messages, or unsubscribing through the email itself using the unsubscribe link. We may also send you Service-related emails or messages (e.g., account verification, payment confirmations, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). You may not opt-out of Service-related emails. For more information about your communication preferences, see “Your Choices Regarding Your Information” below.
Depending on the specific Stack Sports service that you use, we may use your information to: (a) provide the Stack Sports Services, including responding to your requests or inquiries; providing technical support; (b) send you service-related communications, including announcements and administrative messages;
(c) display certain content, such as content you upload and make available, comments, and game statistics and rankings; (d) better understand how you use the Stack Sports services so we can improve them; (e)provide you with more personalized user experiences such as delivering advertising based on your activities and interests; (f) create profiles about you, including adding information we obtain from third parties, which may be used for analytics, marketing and advertising, send you emails, newsletters, surveys and information about products, services and promotions offered by Stack Sports, our partners, and other organizations with which we work; (g) process your entries into sweepstakes, contests or promotions to the extent we offer them; (h) recognize your devices and associate the information with your profile including, using data collected or received from Stack Sports affiliates, service providers, advertisers, and other third parties, such as your device information, to match mobile advertising and cookie identifiers; (i) matching your devices if you log into the same online service on multiple devices or web browsers or if your devices share similar attributes that support an inference that they are used by the same user or household; (j) using information to match your interests across devices, as well as for analytics, ad serving or reporting, or to improve the services; (ki) identifying you or your device or associated information with you, your device, or your profile whenever you visit a Stack Sports Service, even if you do so when logged out or without intentionally identifying yourself; (l) provide Services for our tournaments, events, combines and competitions, such as ticketing and payment services, mapping guidance, offers, and player rosters; (m) prevent fraud or other potentially illegal activities and defend our legal rights; (n) protect the safety of our users and others; and (o) enforce our terms of service
- SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the “Your Choices About Your Information” section below.
Remember, certain of our Services (such as our collegiate recruiting services or photo sharing services or other similar social interaction sites, for example) allow you to connect with others and share information about yourself with other individuals and organizations. Your public-facing profile and information on these Services, including your name, photo, and other personal information, may be available publicly to other members of the Service by default and may be searchable by search engines which may display certain of your information publicly. You may be able to adjust your profile settings to entirely prevent the general public from viewing your profile, though it may remain visible to other users on these services. Also, remember that organizations and other third parties that use Stack Sports Services may have their own data collection and use policies that Stack Sports does not control, even in situations where Stack Sports may access or maintain such data on behalf of the organization. Please review the privacy policies of any third-party organization before sharing your personal information with that organization.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Other companies owned by or under common ownership at Stack Sports. These companies will use your personal information in the same way as we can under this policy.
- Third-party vendors and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, billing, payment processing, content or service fulfillment, providing research and analytic services, website hosting, transaction fulfillment, database maintenance, contest, sweepstakes and promotion administration, fraud prevention, technology services and platforms, identity management and acquisition and conversion services.
- Trusted business partners who may use your information to contact you about opportunities that may be of interest to you.
- Other users of certain of the Stack Sports services. Your information, including both information you provide and information we have collected about you from other users, may be searchable by or made available to other users of certain services for which you may sign up (such as collegiate recruiting or photo sharing or other similar social interaction sites, for example). These users may contact you via email or, with your consent, via text messages. Once your information has been shared with another user of the Service, that user may use and maintain copies of your information outside of the Service. You may be able to control some elements of data sharing through your settings.
- With colleges and universities. Stack Sports may disclose your personal information directly or via a third party to representatives of accredited colleges and universities that you have indicated you are interested in attending, as well as to representatives of other accredited colleges and universities that Stack Sports and/or our business partners may be of interest to you.
- The public. Any information that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service is viewable by other users and the public. For example, a tournament director may print a list of athletes at an event and distribute that list to tournament attendees who may or may not be members of the Service.
- Other parties in connection with a company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings;
- Other parties in connection with information about you along with a hashed or masked identifier, with third parties so they may better personalize your experience with them and the offers they send you.
We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized, hashed or tagged data with third parties.
- YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Access, correct and update personal information. You can access, correct and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by clicking on “Edit Profile” and “Account Settings” on our website.
Communications preferences: You may update your communication preferences at any time by logging into your account and updating your contact information or changing your account settings. You can also stop receiving promotional email communications from Stack Sports by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. You can also stop receiving promotional text messaging from Stack Sports by following the instructions to stop the delivery of such messages, which may include by replying “STOP” to the received text message. We make commercially reasonable efforts to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Please note that for certain services (such as collegiate recruiting, for example), coaches and other users may contact you through or outside of the Service and Stack Sports may not be able to control your preferences for those types of communications.
Certain of our services may allow college coaches to communicate with the athletes on their roster via text message if the college coach sender has their athletes’ consent to do so.
If you have any questions about modifying your account information or changing your communication preferences, you can contact us directly at [email protected].
Privacy Settings: Subject to your profile and privacy settings on certain profile sharing sites contained in certain of our Services, any information that you make public may be searchable by other Users and may be accessible via API(s) and viewable on search engines. You may be able to restrict some of this public sharing by changing your profile privacy settings on the Service or by limiting the type of data in your profile. Changing your privacy settings will not have any effect on information that was previously shared through the Service. Remember that even if you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users have copied or saved that information.
Certain information is not searchable or viewable to other Users. This can include: analytics information about your performance on the website, notes you make on your recruiting progress, ratings you give to other Users, your lists of other Users and non-Users, and messages you send and receive.
How long we keep your Information: Following termination or deactivation of your User account, Stack Sports may retain your profile information for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, or audit purposes. Please contact us at [email protected] if you wish to delete your account. In some instances, we may not be able to delete your content but we will inform you of the reason.
Please be aware that we will not be able to delete any content you have shared with others on the Service or with social media sites. Please also be aware that we may be able to delete data that you provided to the Service about yourself or others, but we may not be able to delete data about you that was provided by another user, such as a youth coach, college coach, or tournament director. By way of example, if a youth coach adds an athlete’s information to a team roster or a college coach adds a recruit to the college coach’s list, that information cannot be deleted by the athlete once it has been shared or entered by the coach).
- HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Keeping your information safe: Stack Sports cares about the security of your information, and uses commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, Stack Sports will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY; MINORS; SCHOOLS
Our services are directed to adults and persons over the age of 13. Stack Sports does not knowingly permit anyone under the age of 13 to submit data to us and does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register as Users. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information directly from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have collected any information from a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected]. We recommend that minors over the age of 13 and under the age of 18 ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to us or anyone else over the Internet. Minors under 18 years old, or their parents, may request the removal of information that they posted to Stack Sports sites by contacting [email protected]. Upon such request, Stack Sports will anonymize, or remove any content posted by a minor, unless required by law to retain such content or information. Schools and other organizations that are covered by state student privacy laws will be able to control the collection and processing of student data when they create and utilize certain solutions we make available to them, such as sports team management solutions.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
Our Service may integrate with or contains links to other third-party sites and services. We are not responsible for the practices employed by third party websites or services embedded in, linked to, or linked from the Service and your interactions with any third-party website or service are subject to that third party’s own rules and policies. In addition, you agree that we are not responsible for and we do not have any control over any third parties that you authorize to access your information, including the organizations you interact with on our Service.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER
- HOW YOU CAN ACCESS OR CORRECT INFORMATION
Access to certain account-specific personal information that is collected from our Services and that we maintain may be available to you. For example, if you created a password-protected account within our Service, you can access that account to review certain information you provided. You may also send an e-mail or letter to the following e-mail or street address requesting access to or correction of your personal information. Please include your registration information for such service such as first name, last name and e-mail address in the request. We may ask you to provide additional information for identity verification purposes, or to verify that you are in possession of an applicable email account.
c/o Stack Sports
5360 Legacy Drive
Plano, TX 75034
Telephone: (866) 892-0777
Email: [email protected]
- HOW TO OPT OUT OF MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
If you have signed up to receive our e-mails and prefer not to receive marketing information from this Service, follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided on any marketing e-mail you receive from us. If you have signed up to receive text messages from us and no longer wish to receive such messages, you may follow the instructions to stop the delivery of such messages, which may include by replying “STOP” to the received text message.
- CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS —PRIVACY RIGHTS
This section addresses legal obligations and rights laid out in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). These obligations and rights apply to businesses doing business in California and to California residents and information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with California consumers or households (“California Information”). The information contained in this section applies to California Information collected and used by Stack Sports (for the purposes of this section, “we” or “us”). (For a full list of the entities that comprise Stack Sports, please visit https://stacksports.com/stack-sports-legal-entities.) If you are a California resident and would like to learn more about this information, please review the following paragraphs.
California Information We Share.
We share these categories of California Information for operational purposes with providers who provide services for us: please see Section 4 (above), “SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION”.
California Information We “Sell”. The CCPA defines ‘sale’ very broadly. It includes the sharing of California Information in exchange for anything of value. According to this broad definition nearly any information we share may be deemed to be a sale. For information that we share, please see Section 4 (above), “SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION”.
California Consumers Under 16 Years Old. CCPA has specific rules regarding the use of California Information from consumers under 16 years of age. In particular, consistent with the CCPA, if we have the California Information of a consumer under the age of 16, we will not sell the information unless we receive affirmative permission to do so. If the consumer is between the ages of 13 and 16 years of age, the consumer may provide that permission; if the consumer is under the age of 13, the consumer’s parent or guardian must provide the permission.
In addition, if you are a California resident, the CCPA grants you the right to request certain information about our practices with respect to California Information. In particular, you can request the following:
- The categories and specific pieces of your California Information that we’ve collected.
- The categories of sources from which we collected California Information.
- The business or commercial purposes for which we collected or sold California Information.
- The categories of third parties with which we shared California Information.
You can submit a request to us for the following additional information:
- The categories of third parties to which we’ve sold California Information, and the category or categories of California Information sold to each
- The categories of California Information that we’ve shared with service providers who provide services for us, like processing your bill.
To exercise your CCPA rights with request to this information, contact us at [email protected].
- Words: 2,664
- ⚠ Tracks your web usage via cookies
- ⚠ Shares your team information with advertisers
- ⚠ Shares your team information with "research and measurement companies"
- ⚠ Shares your team information with NBCUniversal Affiliates and Comcast Corporation
- ⚠ Uses your personal email for "marketing communications"
We, or our service providers on our behalf, may collect the following information about you or your use of the NBCUniversal Services:
Information You Provide to Us
- Contact and registration information: such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, username, and password.
- Information about you or your friends and family: such as demographic or biographical information, gender, interests, photos, videos, or any other information about you that you provide to us, including information about friends, contacts or referrals.
- Transaction information: payment information such as your credit/debit card details, purchase history, delivery address and other information related to your transaction.
- Competition, sweepstakes and survey information: any information provided when entering competitions, prize draws and sweepstakes we, or a third party on our behalf, may run. We may carry out surveys and panel discussions, which may request that you voluntarily provide additional information.
- Customer care, technical support and other feedback: questions and other messages you address to us directly through online forms and social media platforms. If you contact us by phone, we may record the conversation and/or keep a summary of the call.
- Other information you provide: any other information that you provide to us including, posts, date of birth, content, photos, booking times or biometric identifiers such as facial scans or fingerprints.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Device Information: including your IP address, browser types, browser language, operating system, platform type, gaming platform, device types, and device IDs such as unique identifiers, advertising identifiers, or gaming platform identifiers.
- Usage Information: including files you download, domain names, landing pages, your browsing activity, what you click, scrolling and keystroke activity, pages viewed, advertising viewed or visited, forms or fields you complete or partially complete, search terms, whether you open an email and your interaction with the content, access times, and error logs, and other similar information.
- Game Information: including the NBCUniversal games you own or play, play statistics, scores, replays, and achievements.
- Location Information: including the city, state and ZIP code associated with your IP address, information derived through WiFi triangulation, and precise location information from GPS-based functionality on your mobile devices or from your use of our Mobile Apps, and with your consent, your precise GPS information.
- Viewing Behavior: including the content you view, how long you watch each video, the quality of the service you receive (e.g. buffering, load times) as well as advertisements you have been shown or interacted with.
- Offline Information. Certain information may also be stored while you are offline and transmitted to us when you next connect to the Internet, regardless of where you connect from or the device you use to connect.
Information from Third Party Sources
We may receive information about you from third parties, partners or our service providers such as:
- Public Information: from publicly and commercially available online or offline sources, as permitted by law including demographic information, purchasing data, membership in loyalty programs or information about advertisements you have seen or acted upon, including your interaction with advertisers’ products and services.
- Social Media Information: if you visit the NBCUniversal Services on a device on which you also use social networks or if you interact with us through a social media service or other platform, we may have access to some information you provide to that social network or platform such as your name, email address, friend list, photo, age, gender, location, birthday, social networking ID, current city, and the people/sites you follow.
Depending on the NBCUniversal Service you use, we, or our service providers, may use your information to:
Provide the NBCUniversal Service including
- responding to your requests or inquiries;
- providing technical support;
- sending you service-related communications, including announcements and administrative messages;
- displaying certain content, such as content you upload and make available, comments, and game statistics and rankings;
- generating suggestions on the type of video you might enjoy;
- understanding how you use the NBCUniversal services so we can improve them;
- processing your entries into sweepstakes, contests or promotions.
Personalize your experience including
- providing you with advertising based on your activities and interests;
- creating and updating audience segments that can be used for targeted advertising and marketing on the NBCUniversal services, television, third party services and platforms, mobile apps and/or websites, and offline;
- creating profiles about you, including adding information we obtain from third parties, which may be used for analytics, marketing and advertising;
- sending you newsletters, surveys and information about products, services and promotions offered by NBCUniversal, our partners, and other organizations with which we work.
Recognize your devices and associate the information with your profile including
- using data collected or received from NBCUniversal Affiliates, service providers, advertisers, and other third parties, such as your device information, to match mobile advertising and cookie identifiers;
- matching your devices if you log into the same online service on multiple devices or web browsers or if your devices share similar attributes that support an inference that they are used by the same user or household;
- using this information to match your interests across devices, as well as for analytics, ad serving or reporting, or to improve the services;
- identifying you or your device or associated information with you, your device, or your profile whenever you visit the NBCUniversal Service, even if you do so when logged out or without intentionally identifying yourself.
Provide Services for our Parks & Resorts
- such as ticketing and payment services, mapping guidance, offers, and ride and gaming features.
Prevent fraud and defend our legal rights
- protecting the safety of our users and others;
- enforcing our terms of service;
- preventing fraud or any other potentially illegal activities.
We may combine all the information we collect from or receive about you for any of the foregoing purposes. Please see Your Rights and Choices section for further information.
We may share your information with:
- Related Companies: NBCUniversal Affiliates, as well as our parent company Comcast Corporation and its affiliate, Comcast Cable, to help better tailor services, products, marketing, and advertising to you.
- Service providers that perform certain business-related functions on our behalf: including research and analytics, website hosting, transaction fulfillment, payment, processing database maintenance, contest, sweepstakes and promotion administration, fraud prevention, technology services and platforms, identity management and acquisition and conversion services.
- Advertisers, Advertising Networks, and Other Third Parties: information about how you use the NBCUniversal Services and interact with content or ads to better tailor services, products, marketing and advertising on our service or on third party platforms. These third parties may use their own tracking technologies/cookies to collect or request information about you including through surveys. See our Cookies and Tracking Technologies Policy for information.
- Hashed/Masked Information. We may share information about you along with a hashed or masked identifier, with third parties so they may better personalize your experience with them and the offers they send you.
- Other Users and Search Engines: depending on the NBCUniversal Service, you may provide certain information including your name, photo, and other information to create an account (“Account Profile”). Some information in your Account Profile may be available publicly to other members of that service, or the general public, and may be searchable by search engines. When we display your user submissions, they will be identified by information in your Account Profile. We may distribute user submissions to third parties, and if we do, we may include any information in your Account Profile or submissions.
- Research and Measurement Companies: we share information about content you view on the NBCUniversal Services with video measurement services such as Nielsen TV Ratings, as well as other analytics providers. See Your Rights and Choices section for more information.
Law Enforcement Agencies, Regulators, Content Protection Organizations, Anti-fraud Coalitions and other groups
- protect our legal rights, privacy or safety, and that of NBCUniversal Affiliates, our employees, agents, contractors, or other individuals;
- protect the safety and security of visitors to the NBCUniversal Services or other properties;
- protect against fraud or other illegal activity or for risk management purposes;
- respond to inquiries or requests from government, regulatory, law enforcement, or public authorities;
- permit us to pursue available remedies, commence, participate in, or defend litigation, or limit the damages that we may sustain;
- comply with the law including with subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, and other legal process; or
- enforce applicable terms of service.
Video Viewing Behavior
With your appropriate consent, and consistent with applicable law, we may share your video viewing behavior with third parties including advertising companies, analytic partners, and social media sites.
Sale or Transfer of all or Part of our Business or Assets
Minors Under 18
Minors under 18 years old, or their parents, may request the removal of information that they posted to NBCUniversal sites by contacting [email protected]. Upon such request, NBCUniversal will anonymize, or remove any content posted by a minor, unless required by law to retain such content or information.
Schools and other organizations that are covered by state student privacy laws will be able to control the collection and processing of student data when they create and utilize certain solutions we make available to them, such as sports team management solutions.
Communication Preferences and Opt-outs
You may unsubscribe from our email newsletters or promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. You cannot unsubscribe from service-related, transactional, or emails related to your NBCUniversal Service.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Our Cookies and Tracking Technologies policy provides certain opt-out choices. However, we may still allow collect usage data for certain other purposes (e.g., contextual advertising, research, analytics, and internal operations).
For information about Mobile Apps, including how to opt out of targeted advertising, video measurement and certain analytics, please visit here.
Access, Correction and Deletion
Depending on the NBCUniversal Service you use you may be able to access and correct certain information through the features provided by the service. In addition, where legally required, we will provide users with access to their information and the ability to review, update, correct, and/or delete it. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as requiring a password and user ID, and possibly photo ID before granting access to your information. For more information please contact [email protected].
Opt-out of Measurement Research by Nielsen
NBCUniversal video services may feature Nielsen proprietary measurement software that will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen’s TV Ratings.
To learn more about Nielsen digital measurement products and your choices in regard to them, please visit http://www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information.
Other Online Services
NBCUniversal is headquartered in the United States and may from time to time transfer your information to other countries and make it accessible to other NBCUniversal Affiliates and service providers and advertisers regardless of where they are located. We will take steps to ensure that your information receives an appropriate level of protection.
We maintain procedural, technical, and physical safeguards for the NBCUniversal Services to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the information you provide via the NBCUniversal Services. These safeguards vary depending upon the sensitivity of the information we collect and store. Please be aware that no security solutions are infallible.
If you are a resident of California, you can request a list of all the third parties to which we have disclosed certain personal information (as defined by California law) during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California residents may contact us at Chief Privacy Officer, NBCUniversal Legal Department, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10112, US. Include the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In the body of your request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to you. You need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. We will not accept requests by telephone, email, or facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
This information is accurate as of April 2019.
- Words: 5,384
- ⚠ Tracks your web usage via cookies
- ⚠ Explicitly refuses to honor "Do Not Track" requests
- ⚠ Shares your team information with advertisers
- ⚠ Shares your team information with "research and measurement companies"
- ⚠ Uses your personal email for "marketing communications"
Why do we need your personal data?
We need certain personal data in order to deliver the Services to you.
What kinds of information do we collect?
- Information you provide us
- Information about how you use the site
- Information about your device or network
- Payment Information
- Information from third parties
Information you provide us
For an individual user, the minimum amount of information we collect is your email address, a password, and your age. In most cases your name is required as well. If you register as a team owner, we also collect country location, time zone, team name, sport type, and contact information of the members of your team. This information about your team will be associated with your information.
We may receive your information from third parties that provide services for us in connection with the Sites and Services, and TeamSnap may connect this information to your information that we already have.
Beyond the minimum information required to use the Services, we store data that you provide us for the Services. Examples include:
- Your contact information (e.g., phone number, physical address, etc.)
- Sports specific information (e.g., position, sports statistics, etc.)
- Schedule information (e.g., whether you plan to attend an upcoming event)
- Location information (e.g., your physical location at a given time)
- Device and software information (e.g., the type of mobile device and associated hardware and software information, the browser used to access our web service, etc.)
We use two broad categories of cookies: (1) first party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device, which are used only by us to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Services; and (2) third party cookies, which are served by service providers on our Services, and can be used by such service providers to recognize your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites.
Our Service uses the following types of cookies for the purposes set out below:
|Type of cookie||Purpose|
|Essential Cookies||These cookies are essential to provide you with our Services and to enable you to use some of the features. For example, they help the content of the pages you request load quickly. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.|
|Functionality Cookies||These cookies allow our Services to remember choices you make when you use our Services, such as remembering your language preferences, remembering your login details and remembering the changes you make to other parts of our Services which you can customize. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you visit our Services.|
|Analytics and Performance Cookies||These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our Services and how users use our Services. The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor. The information is aggregated and anonymous. It includes the number of visitors to our Services, the websites that referred them to our Services, the pages they visited on our Services, what time of day they visited our Services, whether they have visited our Services before, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate our Services more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Services.
We use Google Analytics for this purpose. Google Analytics uses its own cookies. It is only used to improve how our Services works. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies
You can find out more about how Google protects your information here: www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of Services by downloading and installing the browser plugin available via this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB
We use Full Story for user experience analytics. You can opt out of cookies associated with Full Story via this link: https://www.fullstory.com/optout/ We also use Crazy Egg and Qualaroo for analytics. You may opt out of cookies associated with these analytics services by turning off third party cookies for our site in your browser.
|Targeted and advertising cookies||These cookies track your browsing habits to enable us to show advertising which is more likely to be of interest to you. These cookies use information about your browsing history to group you with other users who have similar interests. Based on that information, and with our permission, third party advertisers can place cookies to enable them to show ads which may be relevant to your interests while you are on third party websites.|
|Social Media Cookies||These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on Services or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social networking website such as Facebook, Twitter or Google+. The social network will record that you have done this.|
You can typically remove or reject cookies via your browser settings. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings,” “help” “tools” or “edit” facility). Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.com.uk.
If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our Services. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our Services.
Information about how you use the site
We track how users use our Sites and Services including what pages they visit and what actions they take.
Information about your device or network
We track what types of devices you use to access our Sites and Services. We collect device attributes like operating system, screen size, browser, etc.
We also track what networks you come from including your mobile operator, ISP, and location.
For security purposes we also track device specific information such as your IP address and device specific identifiers such as IDFA.
If you choose to purchase any of our paid services, you will need to pay using a payment card (e.g., credit or debit card). We use third party payment card processing companies to process payments in connection with the Sites and Services. These third parties have committed to TeamSnap to process your payment card information in a secure, PCI compliant manner. Your payment card information is processed and retained by these third parties and will not be passed on to TeamSnap; TeamSnap does not store your payment card information.
If you are a team manager or league commissioner, you also may use TeamSnap to collect funds from other users. We may deduct a service fee from these fund transfers, but we will always spell out any applicable fees at the time of the transaction. In addition, we will not use payment information you have provided for fund transfers to charge you for other services. The fund transfers do not flow through TeamSnap and are accomplished using PayPal or another third party payment system, which is subject to separate terms with that third party (please review the section of this policy entitled “How We Share Your Information” below for more information).
Information from third parties
We receive data from third parties that are associated with TeamSnap. These third parties provide us with data that you are using their service. In addition these third parties may provide us with information about services you may be interested in. For example, they may provide us with what sport you are associated with or what type of coaching you do.
How we use the information
- Provide, measure and improve services for you
- Communicate with you
- Show and measure ads
- Manage the security of our Sites and Services
Provide, measure and improve services for you
Our primary use of your information is to deliver our Sites and Services for you to use.
We also use your information to measure and improve our Services. We look at this data in anonymous and aggregate form to determine things like how many users in total are using a given feature.
Communicate with you
We use your information to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Sites and Services and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
Show and measure ads
We use the information we have to improve our advertising and measurement systems so we can show you relevant ads on and off our Services and measure the effectiveness and reach of ads and services.
Manage the security of our Sites and Services
We monitor the data to ensure that users are complying with our terms of service and to investigate suspicious behavior on our Sites and Services.
How is my information shared?
- Data you share through the Sites and Services
- Vendors and service providers
- Third Party Apps and Sites
- Data sharing and advertising
- Third Party Sites
- New owner
- Legal compliance
Vendors and service providers
TeamSnap employs various third parties to run its service, as further described below. These third parties operate components of the TeamSnap architecture. TeamSnap relies on these third parties to maintain the safety and security of your information.
We may share your your information with third-party service providers to: provide you with the Sites and Services that we offer you; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to TeamSnap or to you.
Third party apps and sites
Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria (for example, men ages 25-38 from a particular geographic area with an interest in sports). By interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will assume that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
We also access your information from third parties to improve the TeamSnap Sites and Services. For example, we access information about your location, determined from your IP address or mobile device location information, to personalize your experience. We may use this information to provide you with weather or other information that pertains to your location.
Managing and deleting your information
- Managing, deleting and accessing your information
- Questions about your information
Managing your information
If you are a registered user, you may review, update, correct or delete your your information by logging into TeamSnap at www.teamsnap.com. If you are unclear about how to do this or have concerns, contact us at [email protected].
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details below. In your request, please make clear: (i) what personal data is concerned; and (ii) which of the rights you would like to enforce. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event, within one month of your request. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion.
Opt-out. You may contact us anytime via the TeamSnap Help Center to opt-out of: (i) direct marketing communications to your registered email address from TeamSnap; (ii) automated decision-making and/or profiling except to the extent permitted under applicable law; or (iii) any new processing of your personal data that we may carry out beyond the original purpose.
Access. You may access the information we hold about you at any time via your account, where applicable, or by contacting us directly through our support site at https://helpme.teamsnap.com
Amend. You can also contact us to update or correct any inaccuracies in your information.
Move. Your personal data is portable – i.e. you to have the flexibility to move your information to other service providers as you wish.
Erase and forget. In certain situations, for example when the information we hold about you is no longer relevant or is incorrect, you can request that we erase your information, by contacting our support site at https://helpme.teamsnap.com. We retain the right to retain your information for up to 60 days after we process your deletion request.
Photos, team schedules and other information may be maintained by the team or group managers. If you have concerns about that information, contact your team or group manager or drop us a line at [email protected].
We may communicate with you at various times, with administrative emails or phone calls, about transactions and service announcements, customer service responses and promotional emails like special offers, newsletters and updates. You can choose to stop receiving promotional emails at any time simply by changing your preferences, unsubscribing through the applicable Sites and Services, or using an email's unsubscribe function. You may not opt out of receiving administrative messages or customer service responses, unless you delete your TeamSnap account. If you have agreed to receive marketing communications through interactions with our partners, you must change your communication preferences with them directly.
If you choose to invite others to use TeamSnap, we ask you for your friend's email and possibly their name. We will automatically send your friend a copy of the email. TeamSnap or our service providers store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email. Your friend may contact us at https://helpme.teamsnap.com/hc/en-us/requests/new to request that we remove this information from our database.
Questions about your information
2040 14th St., 1st Floor
Boulder, CO 80302
EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Notice
- Compliance and certification
- Personal data
- Submitting complaints
Compliance and certification
TeamSnap is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under each Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. TeamSnap complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, TeamSnap is subject to the investigation and regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, TeamSnap may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint, you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
TeamSnap commits to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPA’s) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDIPC), with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning non-Human Resources data transferred from the EU and Switzerland.
Other important information
- Data retention and security
- Children's privacy
- Notice to California residents – your California privacy rights
- Do not track settings
Data retention and security
The security of your information is important to us. We store your your information in TeamSnap’s systems and we use reasonable security precautions to protect it.
No method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of your your information or other information. If you have any questions or concerns about security, drop us a line at [email protected] and we will do our best to respond to them.
We retain information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. Typically we retain information submitted for a team or group until it is deleted by the user or team/group owner/manager so that it may be accessed for that team or group on an ongoing basis (for example in the next sports season). In addition, we may retain your information from closed accounts to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our Terms of Service and take other actions permitted by law.
TeamSnap does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16. Furthermore, we do not target our service to children under these ages nor do we knowingly communicate with children under 16. When we work with teams and groups with children under 16, the parents/guardians of the children are responsible for entering and managing their children’s information.
Notice to California residents – your California privacy rights
A California resident who has provided personal data to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (a “California Customer”) may request information about whether the business has disclosed your information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal data, upon receipt of a request by a California Customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom personal data was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal data that were disclosed. California Customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by emailing the address specified below in “Questions”. Please note that we are required to respond to one request per California Customer each year and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this email address.
S.B. 568, titled “Privacy Rights for California Minors in the Digital World” allows California minors a right to delete content that they posted to a website, social media profile, or online service while under the age of 18. To request removal of any such content, please contact us at https://helpme.teamsnap.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
Subject to the following paragraph, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive information (e.g., government identifiers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, biometrics or genetic characteristics or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise to us. Note that teams or sports organizations using our Services may request certain health information from you to help ensure the safety of players. We do not use that health data in any of our marketing or advertising activities. Please consult your team or sports organization to understand how they use, disclose, and process such data.
Do not track
We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals from web browsers.
This information is accurate as of April 2019.